Friday, November 13, 2015

The Battle For The Golden Boot

  Razorbacks vs. The Tigers



After spending the week licking their wounds, Mike and the Tigers welcome to Tiger Stadium Saturday Night the 5-4 Hogs of Arkansas and their coach Bret Bielema, the SEC's own version of Oliver Hardy. The Hogs are flying high after twice dodging a bullet with OT wins over Auburn and then Ole Missy last week, and are out to spoil LSU's season.

And also at stake is tradition; this game is for the semi-coveted 4ft, 24carret Gold, Golden Boot Trophy. 

This is also a revenge game for the Tigers, after losing to the Hogs last year in Fayetteville. 

As with the week of the Arkansas -Alabama game, I'm hesitant to call this one, but I will. 

While the hogs are on fire recently and may play the Tigers close, they didn't have the luxury of two weeks to analyze the Tiger offensive line and counter to the point of knowing every move they make before they make it like their last opponent. The Hogs defense have given up over 400yd. per game, but can also put points on the board. If the young Tigers confidence didn't suffer after last week, they skin some Hog and send them home, minus the trophy. 
I say Tigers by 10    



Elsewhere in the Football world:

Alabama @ Mississippi St.- Two Words -  Dak Prescott. The best QB in the SEC. and some say in all of college football, who runs the type of offensive that's has given Alabama their worst headaches this year. Bama will have to press hard and hope their one vulnerability, the secondary plays well. Mississippi St. almost beat the Tide at home last year and could have their hands full again this week. This may be the best game of the week in all of college football. But if the Tide defense can bring the heat, they wear the Dawgs down and pull away with a win. I say The Tide by 13


 Oklahoma @ Baylor - At the beginning of the year I wrote down six teams I believed could be in contention for a National Championship at the end of the year. One of the six was the Oklahoma Sooners. Of course in usual fashion, after their loss to the hapless Texas Longhorns, the 'expert sports monkeys' wrote them off. I didn't. I also don't believe (just as I haven't believed about my own LSU Tigers for many weeks now) that Baylor is a top 5 team just because they're undefeated. So here comes the Sooners. They have a tough schedule in front of them, but I believe they have been under-rated because of the loss to Texas. - I Call Upset! BIG RED takes down Baylor. 

After not calling the Alabama -LSU game last week, I'll take the hit on my record anyway for it being such a domination, but will balance it out with a win for my correct prediction in week 6 that no team in the SEC would go undefeated this year.

Previously, in  in week #8  I correctly hit the Tennessee-Alabama and LSU-WKU games, but missed on the A&M loss to Ole Miss for a combined record of 3-2 for the two weeks.

Jan's Picks YTD. 17- 4