Saturday, July 4, 2015

I just witnessed one of the Funniest Things I've seen in a long long time.....

Driving home earlier, my route took me downtown pass the Caddo Parish Court House where the infamous Confederate Memorial Statue has stood since 1902. Beneath the statue were gathered a group of feral black youth and a few young children, many dressed in the red, black and green colors of the African flag, some in what looked like Che t-shirts.

Jumping around and very animated, they were gathered in a circle with 4 or 5 at a time trying to set fire to a sopping wet confederate battle flag...... while stand in rain shower!

I watched with laughter as small groups lit they cigarette lighters and held them to the flag until they were to hot to hold, drop them and painfully wave their hands in the air.  For 15 minutes or so I watched this demonstration of amazing futile stupidity from a distance until my passenger and I couldn't control our laughter any longer and feared the same might happen with our bladders..... 

I'm starting to believe there  really is such a thing as Devolution.