Friday, September 6, 2013

Blurry Red Lines and Pork BBQ - A Politically Incorrect Fable

The Right Truth
Once upon a time, eight-year old Sammie Mac struggled with his homework assignment to write a letter to the President of the United States. He couldn't decide what to say until his mom suggested he write what was in his heart.  
 And so he did. - 

 


Dear Mr. President, How are you? 
I am sad because Daddy told me our vacation trip to Washington was not gonna' happen because the White House doors were locked shut. Mommy said it was 'cause the carpets had been cleaned and were wet. Daddy called Mommy Pinocchio nose. She gave him her squinty eye look and said, "No dessert for you Buster." HAHAHA! She forgot his name is Charlie. I asked Daddy when he thought we could go inside our White House. He said the doors would be unlocked on the same day Hel . . . sinki freezes over.
I hope that's soon. Sincerely, your friend, Sammie Mac 
P.S. Daddy made a YouTube video of me reading this letter to share with Gram and Gramps.  

The very next day, Sammie Mac wrote a second letter.
Dear Mr. President, How are you?
I felt kinda icky in my tummy today when my teacher gave me her squinty eye look after she read my letter and told me to write a better one. So, here goes. Did your dog enjoy his vacation at Martha's house? Is BO named after you or your armpit? Daddy said he would like to be BO's dog walker and get paid more than my teacher. He said he'd be happy to pick up BO's poop and wipe his feet so mud wouldn't get tracked on our White House carpets. Are they still wet? I told Daddy I would ask you please to give him the dog walking job. He snort-laughed through his nose. He said Valerie and Mooch-elle were in charge of everything and for sure, they would invite him to be BO's dog walker, on the day Hel . . . sinki freezes over.
I hope that's soon. Sincerely, your friend, Sammie Mac. 
P.S. Daddy made a YouTube video of me reading this letter. 
P.P.S. He sent it to all his friends and so did Gram and Gramps.

The very next day, Sammie Mac wrote a a third letter: 


No comments:

Post a Comment