Sunday, October 2, 2011

An Alternative View on the Killing of Al-Awlaki

A very thought provoking post from 
one of my favorite Bloggers Fuzzy Slippers

Are We Really Awake?

"Okay, so I've mostly avoided reading what my fellow conservatives are saying about the death of al whatz'its. Mostly because we all agree that it's a good thing that the terrorist is dead, American or not. And partly because I don't agree with most people and find, to my shock, that I actually agree with . . . ugh . . . Ron Paul and *double ugh* the ACLU. There I said it. Anyway, so I dropped a couple comments here and there, and no one seemed to really understand what I was saying or why, so I just shrugged it off until I read our dear Silverfiddle's post that had a quick comment on it. We went back and forth, and then he declared a ceasefire, suggesting via email that we each post on the topic so we could have a good-natured inter-blog debate......."

Please read the entire post and comments at Fuzzy Logic
___________________________________________

7 comments:

  1. I'm with you Dio, I don't entirely disagree with the post. Very good link over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back at ya Rag.
    I have a hard time buying the slipper slope analogue though. She did make me think twice about the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link Diogenes. She does state her case well.

    BTW, the "Obama Rejected by 'Dancing With the Stars" post was hilarious. You are one crazy MoFo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, DS! Mine's not a popular viewpoint, and I appreciate your considering it at all. I definitely understand your viewpoint (and in all honesty would have shared it . . . in 2008).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your welcome Fuzzy.
    Your blog is one of my favorites because, unlike my snarkiness over here, you approach things from an intelligent, thought out point of view. We as Conservatives need to weigh both sides to be right, something the left refuses to do. You and I don't always agree, but your post have always made me think, and sometime change my view in some ways. I do encourage you to write more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nightmare on Pennsylvania Ave.Sunday, October 2, 2011 at 3:00:00 PM CDT

    Your right Betty, She did state her case well.
    I for one agree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, thanks :) You're the second person to say this to me, so I'll have to get on it. There just seems to be so much going on that I have trouble picking something to write about.

    ReplyDelete